Lighting and Comp Artist
Pixel Zoo are looking for experienced Maya lighting and comp artists to join our team as we continue to expand and take on more exciting new projects.
This position offers a chance to join the Pixel Zoo menagerie who have together created a high quality selection of fun, stylised kids entertainment and advertising. Past work includes feature films, series and TVCs for major brands such as LOL Surprise, Rainbow High, Thomas the Tank Engine and Little Baby Bum, as well as many others in between.
For examples of our work:
- Experience in a production pipeline, lighting and rendering shots within Maya using render engines such as Redshift, Arnold or VRay (Redshift preferred)
- Experience in Adobe After Effects and Premiere
- Experience working on animation series production.
- Experience with Deadline render farm software.
- Experience with additional Maya FX plugins such as Yeti.
- Good troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work independently to identify and resolve issues with rendering shots.
- Bonus points for experience with MASH, Bifrost, nDynamics.
- Experience with RedGiant fx plugins and other industry standard plugins in Adobe AfterEffects.
The ideal applicant would be well versed in Maya’s render setup system and have an understanding of how to efficiently break scenes up into layers, and optimise lighting setups to minimise render time as well as use available resources efficiently.
We would prefer someone who is able to work in-house in our North Lakes, Queensland studio, located a short drive north of Brisbane, but will consider remote applicants.
Interested applicants are encouraged to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a quick blurb with any relevant folio links as well as your CV.
Please label your email subject as “JOB: Light & Comp: [Your Name]”